Are you a current or former sex worker who loves Tits and Sass, but stumped on ways to contribute? We are always interested in anything pertaining to sex work in the news and/or in popular culture. If that’s too broad for you, we have a few suggestions. We are looking for pro/con pieces on the following topics. (Remember $pread magazine’s “Positions” column?) Tell us how you feel about:
- Pole dance classes for children
- Google + accounts for work identities
- Disclosure of STD status to clients
- Laws regarding condom use in porn
- Stripper labor law (employee vs. IC status)
Here are some broader themes we’re interested in exploring (as long as they are topical):
- Ethics (See: No Photos, Please!, Can You Trust Your Sex Worker?, But What About the Wives?)
- Stalkers, boundaries, and precautions for safety and privacy (especially regarding the internet and technology)
- Sugardaddy/Sugarbaby relationships, dating sites, and media coverage
- Finances: marketing, branding, re-branding, side hustles
- Tools of the trade/product reviews (For example, we aren’t interested in hearing that you love your new Pleasers so much as we want to know about the custom orthopedic inserts that make your back feel better.)
- Comedy and sex work
- Mythbusters: stupid client questions, misconceptions, bunk statistics
- Interviews with your interesting colleagues (preferably in-person, but chat or email can work)
- Recession sex work (See: Antonia Crane’s awesome series on The Rumpus)
- What is sex work? Do you represent a gray area?
- What’s the difference between certain art and pornography?
We also have an extensive list of movies, TV shows, documentaries and books that haven’t been reviewed. You can even write about a zine, a short story, an article, a podcast, a web series, a music video, or a study. Don’t have the time or inclination to write? Consider making a video blog (vlog), as we would love to start featuring vlogs on the site regularly. We also like our sex worker infographics if you have a trend you’ve been tracking. Work somewhere interesting? Tell us about convention season, what happens when Congress goes on vacation, or silly/antiquated local laws. And of course, there’s always Stripper Music Monday or letting your baller status animal companions do the talking. Remember, you can remain anonymous if you really want to blast your local hobbyist board or make confessions. Send your submissions and ideas to info at titsandsass dot com.