Can you believe we’ve never written about this badass? Neither can we! (Image via IGN)
Hello, dear readers. We don’t mean to interrupt, but we couldn’t help noticing your excellent sense of humor, great taste in websites, and ability to operate a computer. Why not combine those valuable skills to work for an equally valuable cause, like writing something funny and smart for us? We’re always open to pitches and submissions, and while our basic guidelines are always available here, we thought it was time to draw your attention to some topic ideas we’ve been hoping to cover. We would be so grateful if you ever wanted to lend your applicable expertise and impressive word-smithing to the site. Give us a shout at info AT titsandsass DOT com if you’re so inclined. (A friendly reminder: you must be a current or former sex worker to contribute.)
- Eliot Spitzer‘s return to politics: should he or should he not be welcome back?
- Speaking of Spitzer, it’s the perfect time to run a movie review of Client 9, hint hint.
- Legal brothel work: safer or more oppressive than going solo—or both?
- Write our first “Where I’m Going From Here” piece by sharing why sex work makes sense for you now and what you’ll do next.
- Justified has prostitutes. House of Cards has prostitutes. Game of Thrones has prostitutes. Why aren’t you writing about them?
- Oh, and don’t think we didn’t notice that heated discussion about Firefly and its courtesans/Companions in the comments section. Come out, come out, all ye closeted geeks, and write your pans and raves of various depictions of sex workers in speculative fiction.
You can also check out past call for submissions here, which have plenty of other worthy ideas and prompts to get your fingers on the keyboard. And we encourage you to use the comment section below to request coverage of various subjects. What would you like to read more about? What big stories and pop culture phenomenon have we missed?
We are always seeking to add new writers to Tits and Sass, and to spur along contributions, we’ve put descriptions of what we’re looking for here. Check it out, and consider writing one of these for us. We rely on the volunteer work of the sex work community and would love to have more of you join us.
Naked Music Mondays
Cats and Stacks
Dear Tits and Sass (Work Q&A)
The Week In Links
Tourist Report Reports
Ask A Pro (Health Q&A)
Tools of the Trade/Tricks of the Trade
I Couldn’t Do It
Hall of Game
Hall of Shame/Enemies Spotlight
My Sex Worker Role Model
Where I’m Going From Here
Email us at info at titsandsass dot com. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Tits and Sass is looking to make some new additions to its editorial team. If you’re a fan of the site with a moderate amount of free time, boundless enthusiasm for all things sex work-related, and a good, critical eye for shaping drafts, we want you!
Duties may include:
- responding to emails from interested contributors; soliciting contributions on your own
- writing once a week for the site, either about news or pop culture items
- making suggestions during a draft’s early stages to make the final product tighter and more coherent
- copyediting/proofreading final drafts
The only qualifications we require are that you a) are a strong writer with a great grasp on standard grammar and punctuation rules, b) currently work in the sex industry and c) are able to politely and clearly articulate what changes can be made to make an article better.
Please send emails of interest with links to writing samples to info at titsandsass.com. Tell us a little about yourself and your background. As always, correspondence is kept completely confidential and you are welcome to use a pseudonym. This is a volunteer position without financial compensation, but you will be paid handsomely in glory and appreciation.
Mad Men to Magic Mike: Sex Work in Popular Culture from Tits and Sass
Hello, readers! If you’re the sort of person who’s interested in these things, Tits and Sass has a panel proposal up at the South by Southwest PanelPicker. We’d greatly appreciate your support. If you enjoy reading us chat about Mad Men and Magic Mike, along with our discussions of why it’s not cool for pop culture figures to joke about how sex workers were abused as children, you’ll want to see this panel happen. Please go vote for us and help spread the word. [READ MORE]
from the amazing site, Blackboards in Porn
Hey there. In case we haven’t reminded you enough recently: we are always interested in submissions from our faithful readers who are current (or former) sex workers.
Just get to get your creative juices flowing (ugh, sorry), here are some topics we are interested in right now:
Take a look at our guidelines and then send your submissions and ideas to info at titsandsass dot com. (Don’t forget to check our last batch of topics because we are still interested in those as well.)