Hello, dear readers. We don’t mean to interrupt, but we couldn’t help noticing your excellent sense of humor, great taste in websites, and ability to operate a computer. Why not combine those valuable skills to work for an equally valuable cause, like writing something funny and smart for us? We’re always open to pitches and submissions, and while our basic guidelines are always available here, we thought it was time to draw your attention to some topic ideas we’ve been hoping to cover. We would be so grateful if you ever wanted to lend your applicable expertise and impressive word-smithing to the site. Give us a shout at info AT titsandsass DOT com if you’re so inclined. (A friendly reminder: you must be a current or former sex worker to contribute.)
- Eliot Spitzer‘s return to politics: should he or should he not be welcome back?
- Speaking of Spitzer, it’s the perfect time to run a movie review of Client 9, hint hint.
- Legal brothel work: safer or more oppressive than going solo—or both?
- Write our first “Where I’m Going From Here” piece by sharing why sex work makes sense for you now and what you’ll do next.
- Justified has prostitutes. House of Cards has prostitutes. Game of Thrones has prostitutes. Why aren’t you writing about them?
- Oh, and don’t think we didn’t notice that heated discussion about Firefly and its courtesans/Companions in the comments section. Come out, come out, all ye closeted geeks, and write your pans and raves of various depictions of sex workers in speculative fiction.
You can also check out past call for submissions here, which have plenty of other worthy ideas and prompts to get your fingers on the keyboard. And we encourage you to use the comment section below to request coverage of various subjects. What would you like to read more about? What big stories and pop culture phenomenon have we missed?